Frequently asked questions
What does eco-friendly jewelry or recycled metals mean ?
Recycled or eco-friendly silver or gold means that no new metal is mined to manufacture our jewelry. The often associated exploitation of mine workers can thus be prevented.
We work with certified suppliers who can melt old silver or gold and process it into new pieces of jewelry - in the spirit of sustainability. The properties of recycled precious metals are no different from 'new' sterling silver or gold. We can thus ensure high quality in connection with sustainable materials.
Where is the fejn jewelry made ?
All collection pieces are drawn up and designed in Cologne, some of them are also manufactured on site. Additionally we work with other local businesses in Thailand and Italy who also abide by sustainability promises.
Especially Thailand is known for its great expertise in manufacturing sterling silver jewelry. So we are glad to support our local partners to preserve the artisanal jewelry knowledge and help to create more jobs.
Further all manufacturing partners are members of the Responsible Jewellery Council organization, which defines the responsible ethical, human rights, social and environmental practices that all certified RJC members must adhere to:
- Improve legal and regulatory compliance, strengthen public reporting and secure a commitment to responsible business practice
- Increase the use of due diligence in supply chains to uphold human rights, support community development, promote anti-corruption efforts and manage sourcing risks.
- Comply with international labour conventions and ensure responsible working conditions.
- Protect the health and safety of both people and environments, and to use natural resources efficiently.
- Control and disclose information about products to avoid misleading or deceptive marketing practices.
- Secure responsible exploration and mining practices that protect potntially affected communities and environments from adverse.
On top, we support our common sustainability goal by using recycled materials and compostable plastic.
What does plastic-free packaging mean ?
We only use plastic-free organic packaging materials for shipping. In doing so, we prevent plastic waste and also concerning this area we support a sustainable lifestyle.
Only the foam inlays of our jewelry boxes contain a small amount of plastic - but this material can be recycelt as well. Best is the use of the jewelry box for airtight jewelry storage, this way you avoid further waste and you are acting sustainable.
I am allergic to nickel, is the fejn jewelry allergy free ?
Our silver complies with all important EU regulations that regulate and control the use of nickel, lead and cadmium in jewelry or other products. Our products are allergy-friendly and can also be worn on sensitive skin.
How do I put my hoops on and off ?
Many of our filigree hoops are simply pulled through the ear hole, without a complicated clasp. To open and close them, just carefully twist open the ends side to side, which keeps them in shape. Please do not pull apart sideways, this could weaken the material.
And dont worry, Sterling Silver is a bendable precious metal and wont break easily.