The entire fejn collection is made out of high quality precious metals.
We use 100% recycled Sterling Silver. All gold-plated jewelry is covered with 24k yellow gold or rose gold, which is partly recycled. We continuously increase the recycling part here.
Our solid gold jewelry is made of recycled 14K gold and embossed with the 585 stamp.
The stones used are valuable Swarovski circonia stones or equivalent colored glass stones.
All diamonds in our solid gold jewelry are of conflict-free origin according to the Kimberley process.
Of course, all metals used are nickel-lead and cadmium-free and therefore allergy-friendly. You will find an exact material composition in the respective product description of your piece of jewelry.
We keep our packaging eco-friendly and plastic-free. And all transports of our products are climate-neutral - from the manufacturer to your home.
All collection pieces are drawn up and designed in Cologne, some of
them are also manufactured on site.
Additionally we work with other
local businesses in Thailand and Italy who also abide by sustainability
promises. Especially Thailand is known for its great expertise in
manufacturing sterling silver jewelry. So we are glad to support our
local partners to preserve the artisanal jewelry knowledge and help to
create more jobs.
Further all manufacturing partners are members of the Responsible Jewellery Council organization, which
defines the responsible ethical, human rights, social and environmental
practices that all certified RJC members must adhere to:
- Improve legal and regulatory compliance, strengthen public reporting and secure a commitment to responsible business practice
- Increase the use of due diligence in supply chains to uphold human rights, support community development, promote anti-corruption efforts and manage sourcing risks.
- Comply with international labour conventions and ensure responsible working conditions.
- Protect the health and safety of both people and environments, and to use natural resources efficiently.
- Control and disclose information about products to avoid misleading or deceptive marketing practices.
- Secure responsible exploration and mining practices that protect potentially affected communities and environments from adverse.
On top, we support our common sustainability goal by using recycled materials and compostable plastic.
In order to enjoy your fejn products for a long time, it is important to handle them with care.
Please keep the jewelry as airtight as possible, for example in the small jewelry box that we supply with most products. The real silver will oxidize on contact with the air (tarnish black). This is a natural process and can be easily cleaned again: with a special silver or gold cleaning cloth your piece of jewelry can be brought to shine again quickly. Satined jewelry can also easily be rubbed clean with an eraser.
In order to avoid other chemical reactions and discoloration, please do not bring your jewelry in contact with creams, cosmetics and perfumes. Contact with water should also be avoided to ensure the longevity of the products.
Unfortunately, gold plating wears off over time, so we strongly recommend that you take our care instructions into account to ensure durability.
We hope you enjoy your fejn jewelry for a long time.