In the summer, we all love to spend our time at the beach, soaking up the sun and exploring the crystal clear waters. Best with your gorgeous chain layering and ring stacking look. But while we focus on fun, relaxation and the perfect look, we sometimes forget that it can also harm our fine jewelry. Which looks are water-resistant and how can you prevent your fejner jewelry from losing its shine this summer?
A jump into the cold water with your summer look - is that possible?
Jewelery from fejn jewelry is made of high-quality materials, which will usually not be harmed by jumping into the water. Nevertheless, we distinguish between waterproof jewelry and water-resistant jewelry. What's the difference?
You can wear waterproof jewelry permanently. This includes, for example, all pieces of real gold jewellery , our zirconium rings , the new Miyuki anklets and, for the most part, pieces of jewelery with semi-precious stones . The sea, the pool or showers can hardly harm you.
Water-resistant jewelry can withstand exposure to moisture and water without suffering damage. However, they should be removed for daily aquatic activities. This includes most of our 18k gold plated jewelry and very delicate and delicate jewelry.
Regardless of whether your beach look includes waterproof or water-resistant jewelry, you should not neglect the right care.
Here are some valuable tips on how to keep your jewelry bright and protected this summer.
- Avoid contact with chemicals: Chlorine and sunscreens can damage your jewelry by leaving a film on the surface, or affect the gemstones and metals. It is advisable to take off the jewelry for creaming and only put it back on after the cream has been absorbed.
- Avoid excessive sunlight: Delicate gemstones such as amethyst, aquamarine or opal in particular can fade or change color from excessive exposure to the sun. Protect your jewelry by not being in direct sunlight for long periods of time. Your skin will also thank you for that.
- Protect your jewelry from scratches and bumps : To avoid scratches and damage, you should handle your jewelry with care. It is best not to wear it during activities such as playing volleyball or direct sunbathing, where it could easily be damaged.
- Avoid direct contact with sand: Sand can get into tiny gaps and openings in jewelry and damage it. Therefore, avoid putting your jewelry directly on the beach or even in the sand.
- Clean your jewelry regularly: Sand, sweat, and sunscreen residue can build up on your jewelry throughout the day. To ensure that it always looks radiant, clean it regularly, for example with our Furoshikis . We will tell you how to properly clean your silver or gold jewelery in the corresponding blog posts.
Fine jewelry can look beautiful on the beach as long as you give it the right care and attention. If you follow our tips, your fine jewelry will stay shiny and protected while you enjoy the summer.